Updated: May 27, 2020
40 years old woman with Left Hemiparesis and foot drop
1. Climbing up backwards – emphasizes the clearance phase, proprioception, balance, and movement planning.
2. Going down backwards – emphasizes muscle eccentric construction, balance, proprioception, and movement planning.
3. Climbing up sideways and 'crossing over' – emphasizes movement planning, range of motion and lower limb strengthening.
4. Plantar-dorsi flexion transition - strengthening plantar flexion and dorsiflexion range of motion.
5. Lifting the strong leg to higher steps – emphasizes balance, movement planning, weight-bearing, and lower limb strengthening.
6. Lifting the weak leg to higher steps - emphasizes movement planning and proprioception.
Video Guide 2